Cristiano Ronaldo has confirmed that Juventus were the only club to make an offer for his services.
Ronaldo made comments suggesting he could leave Real Madrid following the club’s Champions League triumph over Liverpool in May.
The Portugal star’s words opened up a new round of speculation linking him with former club Manchester United and French big-spenders Paris Saint-Germain.
However, the 33-year-old ended up landing with Serie A giants Juventus instead, confirming a €100 million (£88m/$117m) transfer earlier this month.
Speaking at his introductory press conference on Monday, the 33-year-old said that despite intense speculation linking him with United and PSG, the Italian side were the only team to make an offer.
“Juventus’s offer was the only offer I received,” Ronaldo said.
Another club long linked with a move for Ronaldo is Sporting CP, the side where he rose through the academy and became a professional before moving to United in 2003.
Asked if he could see himself finishing his career with the Portuguese side, Ronaldo was non-committal.
“Ending my career at Sporting? I want to surprise everyone and focus on my current stage of my career with Juventus,” the Portugal international said.
“For me it is a step forward in my career. I signed up for four seasons and I hope to win many trophies with Juventus.”