13 January 2013 01:20
Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder says his decision on whether or not to join Galatasaray in January will be a difficult one.
The Turkish champions’ sporting director Abdurrahim Albayrak claimed on Friday the completion of the deal was looking likely, but the Netherlands international himself is still mulling over his future.
Sneijder has effectively been pushed out the door by Inter, who want the playmaker to accept a significant wage reduction.
“It is a difficult decision to make,” he told Sky Sport 24.
“There are still two weeks until the end of the (transfer) window and I still have time. See, I’m fine and I’m calm. I do not need to decide on Monday.”
Earlier on Saturday, Galatasaray had issued a statement to deny widespread reports in the Turkish media claiming the former Real Madrid star had already agreed to move to the Turk Telekom Arena.
“The transfer of Wesley Sneijder has been agreed between Inter and the club and negotiations are ongoing with the player,” a statement on the club’s official website read.
“This has been brought to the attention to the public.”
Sneijder has been frozen out of the first team during the contract impasse, and has not played since September.
The midfielder’s agent said on Friday the 28-year-old will consider offers over the next few weeks before making a final decision on his future.